Millie Moon Quilt Club and a Holiday


On Monday I spent a fabulous evening at Millie Moon in Frome.  I attend their regular Quilt Club with the lovely Caroline, who first taught me to quilt.  Caroline taught us a few different half-square triangle arrangements using 12-inch squares.  I love attending this club as it is an opportunity to try new techniques and meet up with a lovely group of quilters. 

I didn’t really have six fabrics that all coordinated so I worked on pairs of fabrics.  At first I was unsure how to use my blocks. Then I realised, if I added some sashing, I could make them into tiny quilts for premature babies to donate to Project Linus.  I used fleece and minky/plush from my stash to back these. 

Thanks Caroline for a fab evening and some great tutorials!

I am off on holiday for a few days with my little family so will be taking a wee blogging break!  While I am away I have some hand sewing to do on the binding of my latest quilt and some secret sewing that I can’t talk about at present. 

Comments